What Supplements Assist The Endocrine System?
The endocrine system is comprised of the endocrine organs, and is particularly important to our overall health insofar as it produces and regulates hormones. Hormones are essential to almost every bodily function, so maintaining the normal function of the endocrine system is highly important.
The endocrinal system is composed of all the glands in the human body. Glands are special organs responsible for secreting chemical substances that are used by the body in a variety of processes. Glands are located throughout the body, and each plays a vital role in growth, development, and overall well-being. Thus knowing what supplements supports the endocrine system will go a long way towards wellness.
What Are Hormones? What Do Hormones Do?
Hormones are the chemical substances produced and released by the glands of the endocrine system. They function as special messengers that control most bodily functions, from metabolism to reproduction. Hormones tell us we’re hungry, and they help us know when it’s time to go to sleep. They control our body’s response to stress.
Hormones play a vital role in so many of our bodies’ processes, and the proper balance of hormones is integral to maintaining your optimal well-being.
There are almost 20 major hormones produced by the glands of the endocrine system. Each has a specific function, but at a high level, the breakdown of the endocrine glands and the purpose of the hormones they produce is as follows:
- Adrenal Glands. The adrenal glands help control blood sugar, promote gastrointestinal function, and help the body properly utilize carbohydrates and fats, among other key functions.
- Hypothalamus. The hypothalamus controls the release of pituitary hormones.
- Ovaries. Found in women, ovaries produce the female hormones estrogen and progesterone.
- Pancreas. The pancreas helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Parathyroid. The parathyroid helps control calcium and phosphorous levels in the body to promote bone development.
- Pineal Gland. The pineal gland releases melatonin, to help the body recognize when it’s time to sleep.
- Pituitary Gland. The pituitary gland produces a wide range of hormones that are vital to the function of many organs in the body.
- Testes. Found in men, the testes produce the male hormone testosterone.
- Thymus. The thymus releases hormones that help develop a healthy immune system.
- Thyroid. The thyroid regulates your metabolism, and you can learn about this vital gland in-depth by checking out our guide on thyroid health.
Supplements That Support The Endocrine System
What Supplements Support The Endocrine System?
|Acai Advanced EnergyAustralia Canada
|Maximum ORACAustralia Canada
|Isotonix OPC-3Australia Canada
What Supplements Support The Endocrinal System?
Several dietry supplements from Isotonix® contain certain ingredients that may help promote the normal production and regulation of hormones and enzymes, another key group of substances. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.*What Supplements Support the Endocrine System.